Thursday, February 20, 2014

Last Night's Guild Meeting

Last night was the Knitting Goddesses guild meeting.  We discussed and tried out different cast ons.  I don't know about you, but I know that I have been guilty in the past of using my favourite cast on for almost every project. I've been trying to change this over the last couple of months so it was lots of fun to share the new cast ons that I had learned with other Knitters.

This is the Channel Island cast on.  It is a version of the Long Tail cast on and gives you a fun decorative edge.

Last month we discussed knit doilies and look at what was knit since that meeting!


 At every meeting we have a show and tell of what everyone is knitting.  This mitten WIP seemed to get the most attention :)

5 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

The doilies are very pretty!

Caffeine Girl said...

Interesting construction for a mitten. However, I bet it involves seaming...

Minding My Own Stitches said...

I just learned the Channel Island cast on the other day - as soon as I saw your photo, I thought "Aha, I know that one!" Your guild meetings always sound so interesting!

And, yes, that mitt is definitely an attention-getter!

Kepanie said...

LOL. What a saucy mitten! The doilies are wonderful art. What am interesting cast on.

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

What a great idea, to learn new techniques. I'm guilty of always using the same cast on, for speed, and some laziness I suspect. :)