Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Now This is Yarn Bombing

Today was another super hot summer day.  Since my car has air conditioning and my house does not it was a pretty simple decision to make today a road trip day.  The tent sale at the Spinrite Factory Outlet in Listowel is still going on so that is where I headed. (Yes, this is my second trip.)


It was so much easier to shop today than when we were here last week on the opening day.  It wasn't near as busy and there weren't any long lineups this time to pay for your yarn.


After I had made my purchases I took a short walk down main street to look at some of the yarn bombing that had been done around the town.  It was pretty impressive.



At the library both railings up the front steps were decorated with spider webs with the spider hanging over the front door.


This bike was sitting in front of a store


This sign (Yarn Bomb Listowel) was outside of the information center


Even the local retirement home got in on the fun with this yarn bombed walker and cane.  Check out the slippers!

What a great way to get the whole town involved during the two weeks the yarn tent sale is on.

2 comments:

Andrea @ This Knitted Life said...

Yarn bombing always makes me smile! ...Speaks to my inner renegade.

Caffeine Girl said...

There is something so fun about yarn bombing! I wish I had the energy to do some.
I really like that last photo -- but then I spend a lot of time at my parents' retirement community!