Sunday, November 13, 2016

Another Doily Knitter!

I'm a knit doily collector, knitter and user.  So, when I meet another fellow doily knitter I get pretty excited!

I met Rita this weekend at a Christmas bazaar where she was selling her knitting.  Imagine my surprise as I was looking through the usual bazaar type items; mitts, hats, baby sweaters, slippers on her table to find doilies hanging on the back of her display rack.  And not just any doilies, but KNIT doilies.   

We had a lovely chat about knitting socks and lace and the charity knitting she does for children in northern Saskatchewan where her daughter works as a nurse.



I added this beauty to my collection :)  Thanks Rita, beautiful knitting!


1 comment:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

That doily is gorgeous! What a beautiful score. I've always been intimidated by doily knitting... it looks very unforgiving!